This week’s episode of The Weekly Mix, hosted by John Richards, features a number of songs written in response to the COVID-19 virus, shining a light on artists helping others. This includes new tracks from Ben Gibbard, Shane Tutmarc, Shinyribs, and Empty Country.
1. Benjamin Gibbard - Life in Quarantine
2. Ellis - March 13
3. Damien Jurado - Alice Hyatt
4. Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Matt Sweeney - You’ll Get Eaten, Too
5. James Elkington - Ever-Roving Eye
6. Empty Country - Marian
7. The Lounge Society - Generation Game
8. Iceage - Lockdown Blues
9. Shane Tutmarc - A Brave New World
10. Tomo Nakayama - There Goes the Neighborhood
11. Art d’Ecco - I’ll Never Give You Up
12. Shinyribs - Stay Home
John Richards is the host of The Morning Show on KEXP, every weekday from 6-10am on KEXP.org or 90.3 FM in Seattle.
In celebration of Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month, Cheryl Waters, John Richards and Kevin Cole have teamed up to spotlight some of the many outstanding...
To celebrate World Goth Day, KEXP’s DJ Sharlese has curated a mystic mix that reaches deep into the realm of darkness.
Straight from the home of Cheryl Waters, this edition of The Weekly Mix brings songs to keep you company in times of isolation. What comes as no surprise is ...