KEXP Video of the Week
Video Player here
Howe Gelb performs "Every Now And Then" live in the Bunny Glade at Pickathon. Recorded August 3, 2013.
- Episode #257 : Mount Kimbie - "Home Recording"
Mount Kimbie performs "Home Recording" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded September 27, 2013.
- Episode #256 : Smith Westerns - "Varsity"
Smith Westerns perform "Varsity" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 16, 2013.
- Episode #255 : Washed Out - "All I Know"
Washed Out performing "All I Know" live from Doug Fir Lounge during MFNW 2013. Recorded September 6, 2013.
- Episode #254 : Best Coast - "I Wanna Know"
Best Coast performing "I Wanna Know" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 11, 2013.
- Episode #253 : Beats Antique - "Colony Collapse"
Beats Antique performs "Colony Collapse" live on KEXP in the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded September 1, 2013.
- Episode #252 : Bob Mould - "Star Machine"
Bob Mould performs "Star Machine" live on KEXP in the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded September 1, 2013.
- Episode #251 : Dessa - "The Man I Knew"
Dessa performs "The Man I Knew" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded July 19, 2013.
- Episode #250 : ODESZA - "How Did I Get Here"
ODESZA performs "How Did I Get Here" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 20, 2013.
- Episode #249 : Andrew Bird - "Dyin' Bedmaker"
Andrew Bird performs "Dyin' Bedmaker" live in the Bunny Glade at Pickathon. Recorded August 13, 2013.
- Episode #248 : Shugo Tokumaru - "Rum Hee"
Shugo Tokumaru performs "Rum Hee" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded July 16, 2013.
- Episode #247 : Sebadoh - "Keep The Boy Alive"
Sebadoh performs "Keep The Boy Alive" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 3, 2013.
- Episode #246 : Portugal. The Man - "Evil Friends"
Portugal. The Man performs "Evil Friends" for KEXP's VIP Club at the Triple Door. Recorded July 17, 2013.
- Episode #245 : Gogol Bordello - "Malandrino"
Gogol Bordello performs "Malandrino" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 9, 2013.
- Episode #244 : The Shivas - "No Waves"
The Shivas perform "No Waves" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 21, 2013.
- Episode #243 : The Dandy Warhols - "Big Indian"
The Dandy Warhols perform "Big Indian" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 21, 2013.
- Episode #242 : Lucy Rose - "Shiver"
Lucy Rose performs "Shiver" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 5, 2013.
- Episode #241 : Junip - "Line of Fire"
Junip performs "Line of Fire" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 3, 2013.
- Episode #240 : Cayucas - "Cayucos"
Cayucas performs "Cayucos" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 19, 2013.
- Episode #239 : Alice Russell - "Hard & Strong"
Alice Russell performing "Hard & Strong" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 7, 2013.
- Episode #238 : Cloud Cult - "Complicated Creation"
Cloud Cult performs "Complicated Creation" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 6, 2013.
- Episode #237 : Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Let The Day Begin"
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club performs "Let The Day Begin" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 23, 2013.
- Episode #236 : Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside - "They Told Me"
Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside perform "They Told Me" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded March 7, 2013.
- Episode #235 : Daughter - "Smother"
Daughter performs "Smother" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 16, 2013.
- Episode #234 : Laura Marling - "I Was An Eagle"
Laura Marling performs "I Was An Eagle" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 15, 2013
- Episode #233 : Mudhoney - "I Like It Small"
Mudhoney performs "I Like It Small" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded March 31, 2013.
- Episode #232 : Low - "Plastic Cup"
Low performs "Plastic Cup" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 6, 2013.
- Episode #231 : La Luz - "Sure As Spring"
La Luz performs "Sure As Spring" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded March 9, 2013.
- Episode #230 : Phosphorescent - "Song For Zula"
Phosphorescent performs "Song For Zula" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on April 9, 2013.
- Episode #229 : The Cave Singers - "Northern Lights"
The Cave Singers perform "Northern Lights" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on March 7, 2013.
- Episode #228 : Bomba Estéreo - "El Alma y el Cuerpo"
Bomba Estéreo performs "El Alma y el Cuerpo" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 3, 2013.
- Episode #227 : Django Django - "Hail Bop"
Django Django performs "Hail Bop" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded March 19, 2013.
- Episode #226 : Iron & Wine - "Grace for Saints and Ramblers"
Iron & Wine performs "Grace for Saints and Ramblers" live from Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop in Austin, TX, during SXSW 2013. Recorded on March 16th, 2013.
- Episode #225 : Telekinesis - "Ghosts and Creatures"
Telekinesis performs "Ghosts and Creatures" live at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop in Austin, TX, during SXSW. Recorded March 15, 2013.
- Episode #224 : Toro y Moi - "Studies"
Toro y Moi performs "Studies" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded February 27, 2013.
- Episode #223 : Freelance Whales - "Locked Out"
Freelance Whales perform "Locked Out" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded October 21, 2012.
- Episode #222 : Bloc Party - "Sunday"
Bloc Party performs "Sunday" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded September 28, 2012.
- Episode #221 : Hey Marseilles - "Heart Beats"
Hey Marseilles performs "Heart Beats" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded February 12, 2013.
- Episode #220 : Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - "We The Common"
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down perform "We The Common" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on February 8, 2013.
- Episode #219 : David Bazan - "Options"
David Bazan performs the Pedro the Lion song "Options" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on December 15, 2012.
- Episode #218 : Sidi Touré - "Aïy Faadji (I am Nostalgic)"
Sidi Touré performs "Aïy Faadji (I am Nostalgic)" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on July 18, 2012.
- Episode #217 : Jonathan Wilson - "Desert Raven"
Jonathan Wilson performs "Desert Raven" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on April 29, 2012.
- Episode #216 : Charles Bradley and The Menahan Street Band - "How Long"
Charles Bradley and The Menahan Street Band performs "How Long" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on December 6, 2012.
- Episode #215 : The Lumineers - "Ain't Nobody's Problem"
The Lumineers perform "Ain't Nobody's Problem" during a special KEXP VIP Club concert at Barboza. Recorded on July 23, 2012.
- Episode #214 : RNDM - "The King Of Cleveland"
RNDM performs "The King Of Cleveland" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded November 27, 2012.
- Episode #213 : Tegan and Sara - "Closer"
Tegan and Sara perform "Closer" acoustic in-studio at KEXP. Recorded on September 24, 2012.
- Episode #212 : The Helio Sequence - "October"
The Helio Sequence perform "October" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on September 11, 2012.
- Episode #211 : Orbital - "New France"
Orbital performs "New France" live in the KEXP Studio. Recorded September 27, 2012.
- Episode #210 : Lord Huron - "Time to Run"
Lord Huron performs "Time To Run" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded October 22, 2012.
- Episode #209 : First Aid Kit - "King of the World"
First Aid Kit performs "King of the World" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded October 20, 2012.
- Episode #208 : Cody ChesnuTT - "That's Still Mama"
Cody ChesnuTT performs "That's Still Mama" live from CMJ Union during CMJ 2012. Recorded October 17th, 2012.
- Episode #207 : Apparat Organ Quartet - "Konami"
Icelandic group Apparat Organ Quartet perform "Konami" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/12/2012.
- Episode #206 : Reptar - "Sweet Sipping Soda"
Reptar performs "Sweet Sipping Soda" live in the KEXP Studio. Recorded September 19, 2012.
- Episode #205 : Kishi Bashi - "Bright Whites"
Kishi Bashi performs "Bright Whites" live from CMJ Union during KEXP's broadcast at CMJ 2012. Recorded on October 19, 2012.
- Episode #204 : Ásgeir Trausti - "Heimförin"
Icelandic artist Ásgeir Trausti, with Julius Róbertsson, performs "Heimförin" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on Octiber 11, 2012.
- Episode #203 : Kingdom Crumbs - "Pick Both Sides Of My Brain"
Kingdom Crumbs perform "Pick Both Sides Of My Brain" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 19, 2012.
- Episode #202 : The Tallest Man on Earth - "1904"
The Tallest Man on Earth performs "1904" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on September 9, 2012.
- Episode #201 : The Hives - "Wait A Minute"
The Hives perform "Wait A Minute" live on KEXP's broadcast from Doug Fir during MusicfestNW. Recorded 9/8/2012.
- Episode #200 : Lee Fields and the Expressions - "Wish You Were Here"
Lee Fields and the Expressions perform live on KEXP from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded September 3, 2012.
- Episode #199 : Marius Ziska - "All The Good I Know"
Faroe Islands singer-songwriter Marius Ziska performs "All The Good I Know" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded June 30th, 2012.
- Episode #198 : Two Gallants - "Ride Away"
Two Gallants perform "Ride Away" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 13, 2012.
- Episode #197 : The Very Best - "We OK"
The Very Best performs "We OK" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 22, 2012.
- Episode #196 : Typhoon - "Morton's Fork"
Typhoon performs "Morton's Fork" live in the Pendarvis house at Pickathon 2012. Recorded by KEXP on August 4, 2012.
- Episode #195 : Shovels & Rope - "Birmingham"
Shovels & Rope perform "Birmingham" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on August 2, 2012.
- Episode #194 : El-P - "Works Every Time"
EL-P is joined by Despot, Mr. Mf'n eXquire, and Killer Mike in the KEXP studio. Recorded 7/1/12.
- Episode #193 : Jovanotti - "Mi Fido Di Te"
Jovanotti performs "Mi Fido Di Te" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded August 18th, 2012.
- Episode #192 : Cedric Watson - "Pa Janvier"
Cedric Watson and Bijou Creole perform "Pa Janvier" live in The Roadhouse on KEXP. Recorded on April 26, 2012.
- Episode #191 : Lemolo - "Knives"
Lemolo performs "Knives" live on Audioasis on KEXP. Recorded July 7, 2012.
- Episode #190 : Liars - "Brats"
Liars perform "Brats" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded July 9, 2012.
- Episode #189 : Maps & Atlases - "Fever"
Maps & Atlases perform "Fever" live in the KEXP Studio. Recorded June 14, 2012.
- Episode #188 : Nick Waterhouse - "Trouble"
Nick Waterhouse performs "Trouble" live in The Roadhouse on KEXP. Recorded May 30, 2012.
- Episode #187 : JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound - "Want More"
JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound perform "Want More" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded November 8, 2011.
- Episode #186 : Poliça - "Leading To Death"
Poliça performs "Leading To Death" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded February 17, 2012.
- Episode #185 : Cold Specks - "Blank Maps"
Cold Specks perform "Blank Maps" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on May 14, 2012.
- Episode #184 : Cloud Nothings - "Stay Useless"
Cloud Nothings perform "Stay Useless" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/6/12.
- Episode #183 : River Giant - "Missing You"
River Giant performs "Missing You" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded May 9, 2012.
- Episode #182 : Father John Misty - "Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings"
Father John Misty performs "Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on May 7, 2012.
- Episode #181 : Yppah (feat. Anomie Belle) - "Film Burn"
Yppah, featuring Anomie Belle, performs "Film Burn" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on March 21, 2012.
- Episode #180 : Laura Gibson - "La Grande"
Laura Gibson performs "La Grande" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on February 2, 2012.
- Episode #179 : Reignwolf - "Old Man"
Reignwolf performs "Old Man" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on 4/7/2012.
- Episode #178 : Mike McCready & Star Anna - "Keep On"
Mike McCready & Star Anna perform "Keep On" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/5/2012.
- Episode #177 : Justin Townes Earle - "Movin' On"
Justin Townes Earle performs "Movin' On" live on KEXP from the SXSW Radio Day Stage. Recorded 3/17/2012.
- Episode #176 : The Lumineers - "Ho Hey"
The Lumineers perform "Ho Hey" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 2, 2012.
- Episode #175 : JD McPherson - "Fire Bug"
JD McPherson performs "Fire Bug" live on KEXP from Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop during SXSW. Recorded 3/16/2012.
- Episode #174 : THEESatisfaction - "QueenS"
THEESatisfaction perform "QueenS" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/27/2012.
- Episode #173 : Damien Jurado - "Horizons"
Damien Jurado performs "Horizons" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/16/12.
- Episode #172 : Kelli Schaefer - "Gone In Love"
Kelli Schaefer performs "Gone In Love" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/23/2011.
- Episode #171 : Hjálmar - "Í Gegnum Móðuna"
Icelandic reggae band Hjálmar performs "Í Gegnum Móðuna" live from Hljóðriti studio during Iceland Airwaves 2011. Recorded 10/15/2011.
- Episode #170 : Dr. Dog - "That Old Black Hole"
Dr. Dog performs "That Old Black Hole" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/14/2012.
- Episode #169 : Chuck Prophet - "Castro Halloween"
Chuck Prophet & The Mission Express performs "Castro Halloween" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/22/2012.
- Episode #168 : Shearwater - "Insolence"
Shearwater perform "Insolence" live on KEXP from Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop during SXSW 2012. Recorded 3/15/2012.
- Episode #167 : Crooked Fingers - "Bad Blood"
Crooked Fingers performs "Bad Blood" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 11/21/2011.
- Episode #166 : Nada Surf - "Whose Authority"
Nada Surf performs "Whose Authority" live on KEXP from The Triple Door. Recorded 2/2/2012.
- Episode #165 : Alabama Shakes - "Hold On"
Alabama Shakes perform "Hold On" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 1/31/2012.
- Episode #164 : The Walkabouts - "Soul Thief"
The Walkabouts perform "Soul Thief" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 1/8/2012.
- Episode #163 : The Wilderness of Manitoba - "November"
The Wilderness of Manitoba perform "November" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 8/25/2011.
- Episode #162 : Fly Moon Royalty - "Lemonade
Seattle band Fly Moon Royalty performs "Lemonade" live in the KEXP studio during Street Sounds. Recorded 4/10/2011.
- Episode #161 : The Lighthouse and The Whaler - "Pioneers"
The Lighthouse and the Whaler perform "Pioneers" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on 3/3/2011.
- Episode #160 : Neon Indian - "Polish Girl"
Neon Indian performs "Polish Girl" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/6/11.
- Episode #159 : Joseph Arthur - "Almost Blue"
Joseph Arthur performs "Almost Blue" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 9/27/2011.
- Episode #158 : Grieves & Budo - "Bloody Poetry"
Grieves & Budo perform "Bloody Poetry" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 6/18/2011.
- Episode #157 : Deer Tick - "The Bump"
Deer Tick perform "The Bump" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 11/7/2011.
- Episode #156 : Reptar - "Phonetics"
Reptar performs "Phonetics" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/10/11.
- Episode #155 : CANT - "Answer"
Grizzly Bear's Chris Taylor brings his solo project, CANT, to perform live the KEXP studio. Recorded on 10/3/11.
- Episode #154 : Sóley - "I'll Drown"
Sóley performs "I'll Drown" exclusively for KEXP, live at the KEX Hostel in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves. Recorded 10/11/2011.
- Episode #153 : Cloud Cult - "Step Forward"
Cloud Cult performs the "lost" song "Step Forward" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 8/25/11.
- Episode #152 : Maserati - "Monoliths"
Maserati perform "Monoliths" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/20/11.
- Episode #151 : The Globes - "Ghost"
Seattle band The Globes perform "Ghost" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 5/18/11.
- Episode #150 : We Are Augustines - "Chapel Song"
We Are Augustines perform "Chapel Song" live on KEXP at the ACE Hotel during CMJ 2011. Recorded 10/19/11.
- Episode #149 : Mugison - "Mur Mur"
Mugison performs "Mur Mur" live at the KEX Hostel in Reykjavik during KEXP's broadcast at Iceland Airwaves '11. Recorded 10/14/11.
- Episode #148 : Of Monsters and Men - "Lakehouse"
Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men performs "Lakehouse" live at the KEX Hostel in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves '11. Recorded 10/13/11.
- Episode #147 : Snorri Helgason - "River"
Snorri Helgason performs "River" with Sigurlaug Gísladóttir (mum / Mr. Silla) and Gudmundur Oskar Gudmundsson (Hjaltalín) live at the KEX Hostel in Reykjavik during Iceland Airwaves '11. Recorded 10/11/11.
- Episode #146 : Active Child - "Hanging On"
LA songwriter Pat Grossi and his electronic/dance/classical project Active Child performs live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 9/23/11.
- Episode #145 : Phantogram - "When I'm Small"
Phantogram performs "When I'm Small" live on KEXP from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded 9/5/2011.
- Episode #144 : Dan Mangan - "Rows of Houses"
Dan Mangan performs "Rows of Houses" live on KEXP from Doug Fir during MusicfestNW. Recorded 9/9/2011.
- Episode #143 : Fruit Bats - "Tangie and Ray"
Songwriter Eric Johnson brings his wonderful pop sensibility and beautiful harmonies with his project Fruit Bats, live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 8/2/11.
- Episode #142 : Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 - "Amphetamine"
A blazing rendition of "Amphetamine" by Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3, performed during SXSW 2011 at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop, and featured on "Live at KEXP Volume Seven," the new compilation of exclusive live performances benefitting non-commericial sta...
- Episode #141 : Femi Kuti & The Positive Force - "Dem Bobo"
Eldest son of Afropop pioneer Fela Kuti, Femi Kuti carries on his father's tradition with his own band, The Positive Force, and performs songs from his new album, "Africa for Africa," during the last live performance on KEXP's The Best Ambiance. Record...
- Episode #140 : Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside - "Danger"
Portland's Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside bring their vintage sound to the KEXP studio to perform live. Recorded 6/15/11.
- Episode #139 : Other Lives - "For 12"
Stillwater, OK, band Other Lives perform a stunning live set in the KEXP studio. Recorded 7/11/11.
- Episode #138 : Robin Guthrie - "Monument"
Scottish guitarist and producer Robin Guthrie (formerly of Cocteau Twins) performs a spellbinding version of the lush instrumental "Monument" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 6/8/11.
- Episode #137 : Pickwick - "Window Sill"
A full dozen performers cram in the small KEXP studio for a spirited, soulful and sweaty rendition of "Window Sill" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 7/20/11.
- Episode #136 : Zola Jesus - "Trust Me"
Singer/songwriter Nika Roza Danilova, aka Zola Jesus, and her band stop by the studio for a chilling set of powerful and somber synth-pop live on KEXP. Recorded 5/5/11.
- Episode #135 : Shabazz Palaces - full performance
Seattle duo Shabazz Palaces performs a full set of avant hip hop live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 6/28/11.
- Episode #134 : The Lonely Forest - "Coyote"
Anacortes band The Lonely Forest performs "Coyote" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 5/12/11.
- Episode #133 : Steve Earle - "This City"
Songwriter, actor, and author Steve Earle returns to KEXP to perform this defiant ode to New Orleans, as featured in the HBO series "Treme." Recorded 5/7/11.
- Episode #132 : Trentemøller - "Even Though You're With Another Girl"
Anders Trentemøller performs "Even Though You're With Another Girl" with vocalist Marie Fisker, guitarist/bassist Mikael Simpson, drummer Henrik Vibskov, and guitarist Lisbet Fritze.
- Episode #131 : Tune-Yards - "Bizness"
From a playful and awesomely raucous set of avant-garde tribal folk-pop from tUnE-yArDs -- led by ukulele, percussion and vocal looping specialist Merrill Garbus -- live on KEXP's Midday Show with Cheryl Waters. Recorded 4/29/11.
- Episode #130 : Peter Bjorn and John - "Eyes"
The Swedish trio Peter Bjorn and John stops by KEXP for a fun live performance of post-punk mixed with bright power-pop... and plenty of dancing!
- Episode #129 : Wye Oak - "Civilian"
Baltimore band Wye Oak performs the title track to their new album, "Civilian," live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/28/11.
- Episode #128 : El Ten Eleven - "Falling"
El Ten Eleven performs "Falling" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/14/11.
- Episode #127 : My Goodness - "Blackout Baby"
Seattle duo My Goodness performs "Blackout Baby" live on KEXP's Audioasis. Recorded 4/9/11.
- Episode #126 : Foals - "Spanish Sahara"
Foals perform "Spanish Sahara" during a special acoustic session live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/11/11.
- Episode #125 : Beats Antique - "Extra Extra"
Animals invade the KEXP studio as Bay Area world-fusion band Beats Antique performs live. Recorded 2/1/11.
- Episode #124 : BOAT - "King Kong"
Seattle band BOAT perform their "big" single live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/23/11.
- Episode #123 : The Joy Formidable - "Whirring"
British trio The Joy Formidable performs their first U.S. single live at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop in Austin during KEXP's broadcast from SXSW. Recorded 3/17/11.
- Episode #122 : The Cave Singers - "Black Leaf"
Seattle group The Cave Singers perform a rollicking rendition of "Black Leaf" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/21/11.
- Episode #121 : Charles Bradley - "Lovin' You, Baby"
Soul singer Charles Bradley performs "Lovin' You, Baby" with the Menahan Street Band live at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop in Austin during KEXP's broadcast from SXSW. Recorded 3/17/11.
- Episode #120 : Crocodiles - "Neon Jesus"
Crocodiles perform "Neon Jesus" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 1/20/11.
- Episode #119 : Trombone Shorty - "Hurricane Season"
New Orleans singer and brass player Troy Andrews, aka Trombone Shorty, and his band Orleans Avenue stop by the KEXP studio for blast of "supafunkrock." Recorded 2/7/11.
- Episode #118 : Telekinesis - "Country Lane"
Seattle band Telekinesis return to the KEXP studio to perform "Country Lane" from their sophomore album, "12 Desperate Straight Lines." Recorded 2/16/11.
- Episode #117 : Ryan Bingham - "Direction of the Wind"
Bullrider turned award-winning songwriter, Ryan Bingham performs live in The Roadhouse on KEXP. Recorded 2/18/11.
- Episode #116 : Tennis - "Cape Dory"
Husband and wife duo Tennis performs the title song from the new album live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 1/30/11.
- Episode #115 : Beat Connection - "In The Water"
The young Seattle-based electronic pop duo Beat Connection performs "In The Water" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on 10/25/10.
- Episode #114 : Vusi Mahlasela - "Say Africa"
Global citizen and international troubadour, South Africa's Vusi Mahlasela performs "Say Africa" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on 1/20/11.
- Episode #113 : The Sonics - "Cinderella"
Reunited Northwest rock legends The Sonics stop by KEXP's Shake the Shack for an awesome live performance of this classic song. Recorded 12/17/10.
- Episode #112 : Fences - "Sadie"
Seattle band Fences perform "Sadie" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 12/28/10.
- Episode #111 : Belleruche - "Clockwatching"
Turntable Soul Music is what British trio Belleruche bring to the KEXP studio as they perform "Clockwatching" live. Recorded 12/1/10.
- Episode #110 : Sharon Van Etten - "One Day"
Raw and heartfelt, Sharon Van Etten performs "One Day" live on KEXP. Recorded 11/10/10.
- Episode #108 : The Portland Cello Project - "Your War"
The Portland Cello Project performs in the KEXP studio with Kaylee Cole and the Aki Kurose Middle School Academy Choir. Recorded live on Audioasis on 12/19/10.
- Episode #107 : Khaira Arby - "Goumou"
Touring the U.S. for the first time, Mali's veteran singer Khaira Arby brings her band to the KEXP studio to perform "Goumou" live on The Best Ambiance with Jon Kertzer. Recorded 9/1/10.
- Episode #106 : Smoosh - "We Are Our Own Lies"
Teenage sisters Asya and Chloe are joined by younger sister Maia and a string section for this exclusive performance of their single "We Are Our Own Lies" live from the Cutting Room Studios NYC. Recorded 10/19/10.
- Episode #105 : Ólöf Arnalds - "Surrender"
Icelandic singer Ólöf Arnalds performs "Surrender" live in the KEXP studio during a rare Seattle snowstorm. Recorded11/22/10.
- Episode #104 : Eels - "I Like The Way This Is Going"
Accompanied by The Chet, E performs a stripped down version of "I Like the Way This Is Going" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/9/10.
- Episode #103 : Hollerado - "Fake Drugs"
Hollerado perform "Fake Drugs" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 11/11/10.
- Episode #102 : Dr. Dog - "Shadow People"
Dr. Dog performs "Shadow People" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/29/10.
- Episode #101 : Revolver - "Get Around Town"
KEXP and Free Yr Radio present Revolver performing "Get Around Town" live at the Ace Hotel NYC during CMJ. Recorded 10/21/10.
- Episode #100 : The Tallest Man on Earth - "Like the Wheel"
The Tallest Man on Earth performs live on KEXP from the Doug Fir Lounge in Portland during Musicfest NW. Recorded 9/10/10.
- Episode #99 : The Corin Tucker Band - "Riley"
Former Sleater-Kinney front woman performs "Riley" with The Corin Tucker Band. Recorded 10/9/10. Recorded 10/9/10.
- Episode #98 : Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - "Nothing But Our Love"
Detroit duo Joshua Epstein and Daniel Zott may dress like adrenalized NASCAR drivers but their songs, like "Nothing But Our Love," will soothe your racing nerves. Recorded 9/7/10.
- Episode #97 : Cloud Cult - "There's So Much Energy In Us"
The Minneapolis band perform this uplifting rendition of the album closer of 2010's "Light Chasers." Recorded 9/18/10.
- Episode #96 : The Chameleons Vox - "In Answer"
Mark Burgess, the voice (and bass) of The Chameleons, perform this classic song with new band live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 9/21/10.
- Episode #95 : Black Prairie - "Taraffa"
An impromptu live performance by Portland band Black Prairie of "Taraffa" during Musicfest NW. Recorded 9/10/10.
- Episode #94 : Bomba Estéreo - "Pa' Respirar & Cosita Rica"
Bomba Estéreo perform "Pa' Respirar" and "Cosita Rica" live on KEXP from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded 9/6/10.
- Episode #93 : Nneka - "Heartbeat"
Blending the two cultures of her African and European experiences, Nneka mixes hip-hop, R&B, soul, Reggae, and Afrobeat and more on her latest album. Here she performs "Heartbeat" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 8/12/10.
- Episode #92 : Menomena - "Taos"
The adventurous Portland indie rock trio performs a song from their latest release, "Mines." Recorded on 7/28/2010.
- Episode #91 : The Head and The Heart - "Lost In My Mind"
Seattle band The Head And The Heart performs one of the many highlights from their acoustic-centered and roots-flavored indie-pop debut live on Audioasis. Recorded 7/17/10.
- Episode #90 : The Antlers - "Sylvia"
The Antlers perform "Sylvia" from last year’s "Hospice," an album of epic songwriting and creative conceit. Recorded 5/5/10.
- Episode #89 : Villagers - "Home"
Recorded live during KEXP's broadcast from the Caffe Vita Bean Room during the Capitol Hill Block Party, Dublin songwriter Conor O'Brien amazes with this incredible, emotive song.
- Episode #88 : Unbunny - "Winning Streak"
After 15 years of recording Jarid del Deo and his project Unbunny are still going strong with another bleak and beautiful record called “Moon Food.” Jarid makes his first live KEXP appearance with this acoustic performance. Recorded 6/29/10.
- Episode #87 : Joel Savoy with Caleb Klauder Country Band - "Ouvre La Porte"
Louisiana fiddler Joel Savoy joins the Caleb Klauder Country Band for this downhome rendition of the Cajun tune Ouvre La Porte (or "Open the Door") live on The Roadhouse. Recorded 7/7/10.
- Episode #86 : Fang Island - "Davey Crockett"
This Brooklyn band's joyous experimental sound combines classic rock jams, 80's keyboard riffs, shouted choruses, and a power pop punch for some of the best party music you're likely to hear today. This is the sound of high-fiving. Recorded 4/29/10.
- Episode #85 : Unnatural Helpers - "Sunshine Pretty Girls"
Seattle garage-punk band Unnatural Helpers rip through most of their songs in barely two minutes, yet they never lack for hooks. This version of "Sunshine/Pretty Girls" is no exception, recorded live in the KEXP studio on 4/27/10.
- Episode #84 : Deadstring Brothers - "Rollin' Blues"
Blues, boogie, and dusty Americana combine with tough Motor City swagger as the Detroit band, Deadstring Brothers, now based in Nashville, bring a rollicking set to KEXP. Recorded 6/3/10.
- Episode #83 : Midnight Masses - "Desperate Man"
Brooklyn band Midnight Masses perform "Desperate Man" live on KEXP, recorded at the Cutting Room Studios NYC on 4/1/10. Video by Axios Productions.
- Episode #82 : Brian Fallon - "Antonia Jane"
The frontman of The Gaslight Anthem, Brian Fallon, performs a song by Lightning Dust live from the Cutting Room Studios NYC on the Morning Show. Recorded by Electric Tweed on 5/22/2010.
- Episode #81 : Plants & Animals - "The Mama Papa"
More than the sum of their parts, Canadian trio Plants & Animals recreate their dark, dynamic often retro-rock sound live in the KEXP studio. Recorded on 5/22/2010.
- Episode #80 : Florence + The Machine - "Cosmic Love"
British Singer/songwriter Florence Welch, with The Machine assistants Tom Monger and Rob Ackroyd, stops by KEXP for this soulful stripped down acoustic performance. Recorded on 4/15/2010.
- Episode #79 : Shout Out Louds - "Walls"
On the heels of their latest release, "Work", Stockholm band Shout Out Louds stop by The Cutting Room Studios NYC for an energetic performance featuring this single from the album. Recorded 3/17/10.
- Episode #78 : Gabriel Mintz - "Desert Sky"
Seattle singer-songwriter-guitarist Gabriel Mintz this aching roots-rocker from his debut LP “Volume One” live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 5/7/10.
- Episode #77 : The Wedding Present - "Bewitched"
The Wedding Present perform "Bewitched" from their 1989 album "Bizarro" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/21/10.
- Episode #76 : The Posies - "Solar Sister"
Seattle's longstanding power pop darlings The Posies perform their classic "Solar Sister" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/16/10.
- Episode #75 : Fanfarlo - "Luna"
Performed live at Gibson Showroom in Austin during KEXP's broadcast from SXSW. Recorded on 3/17/10
- Episode #74 : Capsula - "Still In The Way - Magnetic Brain"
From Agentina by way of Spain by way of Austin, Capsula kick out the jams in this blazing performance from the SXSW Day Stage Cafe. Recorded for KEXP on 3/18/10.
- Episode #73 : Quasi - "Repulsion"
Quasi performs live on KEXP from the Gibson Showroom in Austin during SXSW. Recorded 3/18/10.
- Episode #72 : Four Tet - "DJ Set"
Four Tet performs an improv dj set live on KEXP. Recorded 2/23/10.
- Episode #71 : Dave Rawlings Machine - "Monkey and the Engineer"
Gillian Welch's longtime songwriting partner Dave Rawlings drops a great set of roots-pop with his solo debut "A Friend Of A Friend." Dave, Gillian and members of Old Crow Medicine Show play tracks from the release live on KEXP. Recorded 2/14/10.
- Episode #70 : Dessa - "Seamstress"
Minneapolis MC and member of the Doomtree crew performs "Seamstress" from her new album live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/12/10.
- Episode #69 : And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - "Luna Park"
Austin/New York band ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead performs some of their complex, epic rock tracks live and acoustic for KEXP from The Cutting Room studios in NYC. Video by Electric Tweed (www.electrictweed.com). Recorded 9/21/09.
- Episode #68 : The Album Leaf - "On Your Way"
San Diego musician Jimmy LaValle is The Album Leaf. He stops by KEXP with band in tow for an exclusive live set of lovely ambient pop. Recorded 2/6/10.
- Episode #67 : Heavy Trash - "In My Heart"
Heavy Trash perform "In My Heart" live on the Morning Show on KEXP from the Cutting Room Studios NYC. Recorded 10/16/09.
- Episode #66 : Nosaj Thing - "DJ Set"
The young, LA-based musical modulator Jason Chung, aka Nosaj Thing, performs a short set of atmospheric experimental beatscapes live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 2/11/10.
- Episode #65 : The Kills - "Fried My Little Brain"
This UK duo electrifies their minimal roots-punk rock while giving it a dark and gritty feel. Recorded 5/14/09.
- Episode #64 : Soft Black - "The Earth Is Black"
While combining dark lyrics with deceptively light melodies, the Brooklyn-based group turns minimalist folk-tinged tunes into modern retro rock gems. Recorded live on the Morning Show during CMJ from the Cutting Room Studios NYC on 10/19/09.
- Episode #63 : Joshua Morrison - "Tiny Frames"
A soldier and songwriter, Seattle's Joshua Morrison writes and performs disarmingly heartfelt acoustic music. Here, Joshua shares a new song with KEXP listeners. Recorded 12/27/09.
- Episode #62 : BOAT - "We Want It! We Want It!"
Slightly slacker. Totally clever. And catchy as all hell. Seattle band BOAT perform live at KEXP on 11/6/09.
- Episode #60 : School of Seven Bells - "Half Asleep"
The NY trio perfects their luminous electro-enhanced dream pop with this KEXP favorite live in-studio on 10/10/09.
- Episode #59 : Surfer Blood - "Swim"
The young West Palm Beach, FL, band who are making big waves with their churning mix of power-pop, retro-garage, and surf, stop by KEXP's studio to perform their hit single, "Swim."
- Episode #58 : Phantogram - "Running from the Cops"
The Saratoga Springs, NY, duo combines dreamy electro-pop with hip-hop beats and samples in their performance live on KEXP from the Cutting Room Studios NYC during CMJ. Recorded 10/20/09.
- Episode #57 : Fanfarlo - "Comets"
Before their show at Chop Suey in Seattle, Fanfarlo performed an acoustic version of "Comets" from their 2009 album,"Reservoir," exclusively for KEXP in this one-shot video. Recorded 9/14/09.
- Episode #56 : Lou Barlow - "Gravitate"
Former Sebadoh/Folk Implosion frontman and Dinosaur Jr. bassist Lou Barlow is joined by The Missingmen while on tour for his solo record "Goodnight Unknown." Recorded 11/8/09.
- Episode #55 : Frank Fairfield - "The Winding Spring / Nine Pound Hammer"
Man out of time Frank Fairfield performs two songs, "The Winding Spring" and "Nine Pound Hammer," live on The Roadhouse with Greg Vandy on KEXP. Recorded 11/18/09.
- Episode #54 : Alec Ounsworth - "Modern Girl (...with Scissors)"
The Clap Your Hands Say Yeah frontman performs with his self-titled solo project live on the Morning Show from the Cutting Room Studios NYC during CMJ. Recorded 9/30/09.
- Episode #53 : Le Loup - "Forgive Me"
Seeking the "middle ground between tribal rock, freak folk, and sonic experimentation," the East Coast collective Le Loup, started by Sam Simkoff, performs a wild version of "Forgive Me" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 10/23/09.
- Episode #52 : Bomba Estéreo - "Feelin'"
From Bogota, Colombia, Bomba Estéreo drop like an a-bomb, mixing traditional cumbia, hip-hop, Afropop, psychedelic rock and anything else that will make you groove. Recorded 11/10/09.
- Episode #51 : Choir of Young Believers - "Why Must It Always Be This Way"
Denmark’s Jannis Noya Makrigiannis strips down his orchestral pop project Choir of Young Believers for KEXP's live broadcast from the Cutting Room Studios during CMJ. With only cellist Ceciele Trier to back him up, Jannis performs a stunning version of...
- Episode #50 : The Heavy - "How You Like Me Now?"
Mixing garage rock, hip-hop, funk, soul, and everything in between, British band The Heavy lay it down in the KEXP studio with "How You Like Me Now?" from their new album, "The House That Dirt Built."
- Episode #49 : Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Hanuman"
Mexican guitar virtuosos Rodrigo y Gabriela pay tribute to Carlos Santana on this live version of "Hanuman" from the album "11:11" on ATO Records. Recorded on 9/21/09.
- Episode #48 : Local Natives - "Sun Hands"
Recorded live from KEXP's broadcast at the Doug Fir in Portland during Musicfest NW, California band Local Natives create stunning melodies during this jaw-dropping performance. Recorded 9/18/09.
- Episode #47 : Sondre Lerche - "Heartbeat Radio"
Norwegian singer and songwriter Sondre Lerche strips down the orchestral pop of his latest album, "Heartbeat Radio," as he performs live at The Triple Door in Seattle as part of KEXP's VIP Club Concert series. Recorded 9/29/09.
- Episode #46 : Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons - "Born Again"
Son of the Heartland, Cory Chisel performs "Born Again" with his band live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 9/1/09.
- Episode #45 : Ólöf Arnalds - "Klara"
Icelandic singer/songwriter, and traveling tour band member of Mum, Ólöf Arnalds performs "Klara" live in the KEXP studio on 9/10/09.
- Episode #44 : The Lonely Forest - "We Sing In Time"
A special solo acoustic performance by John Van Deusen live from The Woods in Portland during Musicfest NW. Recorded 9/19/09.
- Episode #43 : Woven Hand - "As I Went Out One Morning"
David Eugene Edwards of Woven Hand performs a stunning version of Bob Dylan's "As I Went Out One Morning" on his mandolin-banjo. Recorded 9/4/09.
- Episode #42 : Raphael Saadiq - "100 Yard Dash"
The old school R&B vocalist and musician Raphael Saadiq performs a song from his Grammy-nominated album "The Way I See It" live on KEXP from the Bumbershoot Music Lounge. Recorded 9/6/09.
- Episode #41 : Foreign Born - "Early Warnings"
The LA-based quartet Foreign Born blend Afropop influences into their summery indie rock sounds, as here on "Early Warnings" from their latest album, "Person to Person."
- Episode #40 : Phosphorescent - "Wolves"
Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter Matthew Houck aka Phosphorescent plays his dark, drowsy indie-folk live on the Morning Show from the Cutting Room Studios in NYC. Recorded 2/26/09.
- Episode #39 : Fresh Espresso - "Lazerbeams"
Let the synth-heavy sounds of Fresh Espresso "glamour" you as P Smoov and Rik Rude, along with DJ Terry Radjaw, redefine Seattle hip-hop with "Lazerbeams."
- Episode #38 : Ed Harcourt - "Church of No Religion"
While recording his next album in the Pacific Northwest, Ed Harcourt stopped by the Morning Show to perform a few new songs including "Church of No Religion" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 7/10/09.
- Episode #37 : White Rabbits - "Rudie Fails"
Brooklyn band White Rabbits perform "Rudie Fails" from their sophomore release, highlighting their rhythmic approach to melodic indie rock. Recorded live in the KEXP studio on 6/22/09.
- Episode #36 : Kevin Murphy of The Moondoggies - "Down The River"
During the Capitol Hill Block Party, Kevin Murphy of Seattle band The Moondoggies started off a solo acoustic set in the Bean Room at Caffe Vita with this unreleased song, "Down The River."
- Episode #35 : Deastro - "Vermillion Plaza"
Conceptually, Deastro is a lot to take in -- the frenetic, starry-eyed alter ego of Randolph Chabot Jr. creates an otherworldly landscape is inhabited by odd and imaginative characters and inspired by a dream about an evil king of darkness, princes and...
- Episode #34 : Rodriguez - "I Wonder"
Call it the story of the year: Now in his 60s, Rodriguez, who recorded to great albums in the early 70s and then effectively disappeared, has finally earned the appreciation he was due. Here he performs for an exclusive group of KEXP members, live at T...
- Episode #33 : The Church - "Operetta"
With a career spanning nearly 30 years, The Church continue to write and play music at the top of their game, as they prove in this song from their latest album, "Untitled #23," called "Operetta" performed live at The Triple Door as part of KEXP's VIP...
- Episode #32 : Cymbals Eat Guitars - "Wind Phoenix"
Hailing from Staten Island, Cymbals Eat Guitars are often compared to indie rock icons like Modest Mouse, Pavement, Built to Spill, even My Bloody Valentine but they maintain their own unique sound -- at times explosive, pensive, jangly and jagged, but...
- Episode #31 : John Vanderslice - "Sunken Union Boat"
After his last in-studio at KEXP, on his birthday no less, John Vanderslice performed a special extra, unbroadcast version of "Sunken Union Boat" just for the kids in attendance and for you, lucky podcast subscribers.
- Episode #30 : Pela - "Juarez"
Just before the John in the Morning at Night show, Pela brought a set of stripped down new songs from their upcoming album "Rise Ye Sunken Ships" to the KEXP studio.
- Episode #29 : The Vaselines - "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam"
Brought to cult status when Nirvana covered a few of their songs, the Glasgow band The Vaselines have since come out of "retirement" to perform songs from the remastered version of their '92 collection "The Way of The Vaselines" on Sub Pop. Here they p...
- Episode #28 : Jeremy Enigk - "Mind Idea"
The former Sunny Day Real Estate frontman Jeremy Enigk performs "Mind Idea" from his new solo release "Ok Bear" accompanied by the Seattle Rock Orchestra live at the Triple Door. Recorded 5/14/09.
- Episode #27 : Hey Marseilles - "Rio"
The Seattle band employs a variety of Old World instrumentation (including accordions, viola, mandolin, banjos, membranophones, guitars and more) to create infectious melodic folk-infused pop songs. Recorded 4/29/2009.
- Episode #26 : Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band - "Another Bag of Bones"
No longer strictly a solo artist, Brooklyn's Kevin Devine is joined by his Goddamn Band to perform "Another Bag of Bones" live on KEXP in NYC. Filmed by Louis Sparre/Electric Tweed. Recorded 5/5/09.
- Episode #25 : Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band - "En Fuego"
Seattle's Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band perform the fiery "En Fuego" live on KEXP. Recorded 4/21/09
- Episode #24 : Crystal Antlers - "A Thousand Eyes"
Long Beach, CA, band Crystal Antlers blend psych, garage, noise, and just about any other kind of rock in this performance of "A Thousand Eyes" live in the KEXP studio.
- Episode #23 : The Thermals - "Now We Can See"
Portland trio The Thermals perform the title song to their new album, "Now We Can See," live on KEXP.
- Episode #22 : Telekinesis - "Great Lakes"
Seattle band Telekinesis perform "Great Lakes" from their debut, "Telekinesis!" live in-studio on KEXP. Recorded 4/13/09.
- Episode #21 : Elliott Brood - "The Valley Town (Live at SXSW)"
Canadian band Elliott Brood demonstrates their national spirit of non-conflict by playing "cooperating ukuleles" on "The Valley Town," live from ME Television studio in Austin, TX, during SXSW. Recorded 3/19/09
- Episode #20 : Justin Townes Earle - "Lonesome Song"
Justin Townes Earle is joined by Cory Younts as he performs The Carter Family's "Lonesome Song" in the KEXP studio. Recorded 4/6/09
- Episode #19 : Bobby Bare Jr - "Rock 'N Roll Halloween"
Bobby Bare Jr. performs a brand new song that he wrote with David Vandervelde live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 3/27/09.
- Episode #18 : Balmorhea - "Coahuila"
Austin-based collective Balmorhea, led by muti-instrumentalists Rob Lowe and Michael Muller, bring their full six piece ensemble to perform a live acoustic session for KEXP during SXSW. Recorded 3-19-09.
- Episode #17 : Cotton Jones - "I Lived Next To"
Cotton Jones perform "I Lived Next To" from the Gibson showroom during KEXP's broadcast during CMJ last year. Recorded 10/22/08.
- Episode #16 : Lyrics Born - "Don't Change"
Lyrics Born stops by KEXP's Bay Area broadcast from Opus Music Ventures studio in Berkeley. Joined by his wife and vocalist Joyo Velarde and DJ D-Sharp, Lyrics performs "Don't Change" from his recent album "Everywhere At Once."
- Episode #15 : North Twin - "Hope It Goes Away"
Seattle band North Twin performs "Hope It Goes Away" live in the KEXP studio. Recorded 1/23/09.
- Episode #14 : William Elliott Whitmore - "Old Devils"
With a deep, singular voice steeped in folk and blues, Iowa musician William Elliott Whitmore performs "Old Devils" from his new album "Animals In The Dark" live in-studio at KEXP. Recorded 2/15/09.
- Episode #13 : John Vanderslice - "Too Much Time"
John Vanderslice performs a song from his upcoming album, Romanian Names, live at Opus Music Ventures studio in Berkeley during KEXP's Bay Area Broadcast. Recorded 1/29/09.
- Episode #12 : Fruit Bats - "Blessed Breeze"
During a short tour up the West Coast, Fruit Bats stop by KEXP's Bay Area live remote at Opus Music Studios in Berkeley, CA, and perform a new song, "Blessed Breeze." Recorded 1/30/09.
- Episode #11 : The Walkmen - "In The New Year"
The Walkmen perform "In The New Year" during an exclusive set at the Triple Door in Seattle as part of KEXP's VIP Club concert series. Recorded 1/25/09.
- Episode #10 : Broken Social Scene - "Love Is New"
Brendan Canning along with the rest of Broken Social Scene perform "Love Is New" live at Gibson Showroom during KEXP's broadcast from CMJ. Recorded live at the on 10/24/08.
- Episode #61 : A Place to Bury Strangers - "I Live My Life to Stand in the Shadow of Your Heart"
The Brooklyn ambassadors of noise bring their cascading sheets of distortion and feedback to KEXP for a ferocious live set of shoegazerish psych-rock featuring this seven minute version of this song. Filmed and edited by More Dust Than Digital, recorde...
- Episode #9 : The Tallest Man On Earth - "I Won't Be Found"
Swedish songwriter Kristian Matsson, aka The Tallest Man On Earth, performs a raw set of Dylan-inspired folk live at KEXP. Recorded 12/30/08.
- Episode #7 : The Duke Spirit - "Lasso"
UK band The Duke Spirit perform a heartfelt, bluesy acoustic version of "Lassoo" from their 2008 album "Neptune." Recorded in-studio at KEXP on 10/30/08.
- Episode #6 : Occidental Brothers Dance Band International - "Circle Circle Circle"
Chicago's Occidental Brothers Dance Band International, a bi-continental, multi-racial afro-pop ensemble that combines jazz-trained and rock-schooled American musicians with Ghanaian musicians, throw down a cross-cultural blend of Central and West Afri...
- Episode #5 : T-Model Ford with GravelRoad - "Sallie Mae"
It's Jack Daniel time for Chicago Bluesman T-Model Ford as he performs the classic "Sallie Mae" with support from Seattle band GravelRoad in this exclusive live performance for KEXP from Engine Studios in Chicago. Recorded 7/17/2008.
- Episode #4 : Okkervil River - "Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe"
Okkervil River perform "Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe" live at the Triple Door in Seattle as part of KEXP's VIP Club Concert Series. Recorded 9/17/2008.
- Episode #3 : Firewater - "Electric City"
Firewater perform a spirited set featuring songs like "Electric City" from their latest album, "The Golden Hour," which frontman Tod A. recorded in part during his recent travels East. Joining him are Johnny Kalsi (percussion), Erik Sanko (bass), Yaro ...
- Episode #2 : Mates of State - "My Only Offer"
Organ and drum duo Mates of State (Kori Gardner and Jason Hammel) expand their sound on their latest release, "Re-Arrange Us," and are accompanied here by strings and trombone on this exclusive live version of "My Only Offer." Recorded live in the KEXP...
- Episode #1 : Jamie Lidell - "Another Day"
Soulful singer Jamie Lidell performs "Another Day" from his 2008 album "Jim" live in the KEXP studio on 5/27/08.
- Episode #8 : Joseph Arthur - "Turn You On"
Joseph Arthur performs "Turn You On" from his 2008 release "Temporary People."