SHAKE THE SHACK FRIDAY NIGHT 6-9pm
Turn up your radio and get your finger outta there and prepare your ear canals for a unique combination of “The Best” in Rockabilly, Boogie Rhythm and Blues, Jump Blues, Doo-Wop, Country Western, Honky Tonk, and whatever the Good Doctor feels necessary for you to kick the weekend off in style.
The Shake the Shack “Crew” consisting of “The Doctor”, Cuzzin’ Mike Fuller, Steve “his trusty scribe”, Johnny Lignite (director of information), and Alli (special projects manager and babysitter) – will always make sure you’re welcome with a fist full of music elbow deep in your ear drums.
Information you should know
- Shake the Shack has been at KEXP since 1986
- Dr. Leon was inducted into the Rockabilly Hall of Fame in 2009
- Dr Leon was raised in the Rainier Valley area of Seattle – Graduate of Franklin High and WWU
- Cuzzin’ Mike and Steve are both from Bainbridge Island WA
- Johnny’s nickname come from the name of the coal deposits in mid Texas
- Alli enjoys burlesque in her spare time aka…Lulu Belle
- Dr Leon’s spare time activities: fishing, skiing, paddle boarding, smoked meats, Seahawks nut, hot rod Cadillacs, wine collecting and drinking, San Juan Islands, voyeurism, and good ‘ol all around letching
- Dr Leon grew up thinking Pat O’Day was the voice of god
- Belly Button lint makes good sustainable packing material
Examples of bands played on Shake the Shack -
Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Janis Martin, Dick Dale, Big Sandy, Deke Dickerson, The Blue Dots, The Firebirds, The Harmony Brothers, Frankie and the Poolboys, Slacktone, Paul Burlison, Johnny Burnette Rock ‘n’ Roll Trio, Johnny Cash, Hillbilly Casino, Roy Kay Trio, Sid King and his Five Strings, Elvis, The Big Six, The Blasters, Rudy Grayzell, Big Joe Turner, Paladins, Wanda Jackson, Wild Wax Combo, Modern Don Juans, Marti Brom, Kim Lenz, Marshall Scott Warner, Biller and Wakefield, Dave and Deke Combo, Smith’s Ranch Boys, Twistin’ Tarantulas, Hillbilly Hellcats, Darrel Higham, Marco DiMaggio, Duane Eddy, Big Boy Bloater and the Southside Stompers, Sureshots, and the list goes on and on….